Sunday, August 29, 2010

A Test In Discipline

They say that it takes 40 days to make or break a habit. This is why the length of Lent in the catholic religion is of this length (Sundays they do not count because blah blah blah) so it's more like 45 days but whatever.

Anyway,

As an experiment in personal development, I will attempt to gain several new habits starting tomorrow morning.

1.) Wake up at 5AM every day. I did this for the last week or so but I let myself sleep in for the last few days.

2.) Refrain from weighing myself for 40 days. I am trying really hard to gain muscle mass, and I have been disappointed with the miniscule and fluctuating gains I have experienced in the last week. I'll go ahead and say that I will weigh 150 on October 8th, 2010. I am currently 145.

3.) Work out 6 days a week right after waking, and rest on the 7th. This is associated with weighing myself obviously, and also eating, which is below.

4.) Consume 3000 calories a day. I think this one might actually be the biggest challenge for me. I find it extremely difficult to consume that much food. It feels like I am eating non stop if I have that much on any given day.

That's all I can think of right now, but if anyone has any suggestions for good habits I should get into, feel free to comment!

2 comments:

  1. working out 6 days a week seem much for me and right after waking? i'd say 4 days a week before sleep.. i hope you know what you're doing.. good luck, i'll be following..

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're working out six times a week and consume only 3000 kcal? What are you, a 35 lbs midget? I have to eat 2400 without working out at all to don't look like I just came out of Auschwitz after two weeks.

    ReplyDelete